Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Recycle your Holiday Cards Part 3 - St. Jude's

If you don't have time to turn your old holiday cards into ornaments or gift tags, consider sending them in to St. Jude's Ranch for Children. I read about this at Mom Goes Green.

"St. Jude’s Ranch for Children rescues abused, abandoned and neglected children of all races and faiths from the vicious cycle of child abuse."

The children at the center use the fronts of donated cards, attach a new back, and sell them. In addition to holiday cards, they are accepting thank you, birthday, religious, Easter, and other all-occasion cards.

You can mail them to the following address through February 28, 2009:

St. Jude's Ranch for Children
Card Recycling Program
100 St. Jude's Street
Boulder City, NV 89005

You can learn more about their Recycled Card Program here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I do this every year with half of my cards. Since I started teaching this year, I had more to my pile than usual because my students gave me cards.

It is definitely an excellent idea as it helps a great organization AND helps in recycling.

Brimful Curiosities said...

This tip was also featured in the latest Taste of Home cooking magazine. It is a great idea.