Thursday, January 8, 2009

Craft Quickie Thursday: Personalized Photo Books

Every Thursday we will be featuring crafts that are very quick and easy to do. This week: personalized photo books! Check out your local craft, general or dollar stores for a 4x6 photo book. I was able to find these ones at my local Dollar General store for $1.00 each:



The cover and back can be removed:



I removed the cover and traced and cut out some white cardstock so that they were the same size. Then I decorated. I wanted to show that you can go simple and add a picture (with a glue stick, scrapbooking adhesive, or double-sided tape) and just doodle, draw, and decorate using markers or pencils. If you happen to know Photoshop, I found a tutorial on how to doodle using Photoshop. You can also get a little more fancy with this. I made a second book using scrapbooking paper and some ribbon I had saved from a gift someone had given me.



These make great inexpensive but personalized gifts especially for new parents, grandparents and other releatives. I think they are a fun gift for kids too. They like seeing pictures of the favorite relatives, friends, and things in their lives.

Please be sure to come back each Thursday for other quick and easy craft ideas!

3 comments:

Swapna said...

Hi, I like the name of your blog..exactly what I feel when i craft.. :)

Unknown said...

Wal-Mart sells them in 4x6, and I take those things out and place in digiscrapped 4x6 photos, and then use the album for digiscrapped pictures.

I love them both! If done right, even the simplistic approach is just as beautiful!

Mary Jessica said...

This is a FANTASTIC idea and I'm totally gonna rip it off! Thanks for posting this!