Saturday, January 3, 2009

Repurposing Wrapping Paper Cardboard Tubes

My friend Mary Jessica shared a fun idea on what to do with the leftover cardboard tubes from wrapping paper. They make great tunnels for Hot Wheels cars!



Apparently, they also make great alpenhorns:



... and telescopes:



"I SEE THE CEILING!" he exclaimed, as if he was very surprised to see it through his telescope.

Thanks Mary Jessica!

You can find some more ideas on what to do with cardboard tubes using this link. I don't think any of them are as genius as a toy car tunnel though. ;)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute!You have a lovely blog

MommaDJane said...

Thx for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower! I look forward to reading more of your posts.

I love the tunnel idea for the hot wheelz, my son will get a kick out of that!

{Make it SHINE in 2009}

Mary Jessica said...

How exciting to see my idea - I hope it was a fun time with the tube (looks like it)! xo MJ

Anonymous said...

My boys always use them as tunnels or ramps. They also like using them as light-sabers. I'm not a fan of that one. Except that they can't hurt eachother with them!

Anonymous said...

@Stacy: My son doesn't know what a light-saber is yet, but I'm sure Traci can relate, her son is REALLY into Star Wars!