Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Recycle your Holiday Cards Part 1 – Ornaments

Are you wondering what to do with all those holiday cards you received? You can easily turn them into next year's ornaments! I picked out a few of our cards from this year:



I used my Creative Memories Mat and Blades (love these!) to cut out circles:



If you do not have some sort of shapes cutting system, you can just as easily use any round object to trace a circle and cut out.

I cut a small strip of cardstock and taped it to back of the round cutouts and then punched a hole in the top of the strip:



I used a white marker pen to put a dotted edge around the one that was a photo. You can get creative and embellish or you can just thread some yarn or string through the hole and voila - you have a few more ornaments for next year's tree!



I would have put these on my tree for a picture but I took my tree down the day after Christmas!

Start to finish this only took me a few minutes and you only really need supplies that most people have on hand:
  • holiday cards
  • something round so that you can trace a circle
  • scissors
  • cardstock
  • string or yarn
  • a hole punch
  • scotch tape
If you create some of your own ornaments, please come back and share what you've done. We'd love to see them!

0 comments: