Monday, January 26, 2009

Welcome to the year of the Ox!

Happy New Year! Today marks the beginning of the year of the Ox.

The Ox is the sign of prosperity through fortitude and hard work. This powerful sign is a born leader, being quite dependable and possessing an innate ability to achieve great things. As one might guess, such people are dependable, calm, and modest. Like their animal namesake, the Ox is unswervingly patient, tireless in their work, and capable of enduring any amount of hardship without complaint.

You can go here if you would like to find out your sign and read more about it.

I was born in the year of the Rat. Although I don't love the thought of being a "rat" based on our preconceptions, I find that I agree with the positive attributes of being meticulous, hardworking and industrious. (I like to ignore those negative attributes - hopefully they aren't true!) Linh is a Dragon (as is her mom as well as my son) and the description of generous, loyal and self-assured are right on. My husband is an Ox, and he is absolutely dependable, but everyone's heard the term "stubborn as an ox", it's so true!

With all of that being said, here is a cute felt ox to commemorate this new year.


photo from kaboose.com

1 comments:

Sandy said...

Rat...yikes, run get your feet up. lol Makes for fun conversation anyway.

Sandy