Wednesday, January 7, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things…

Can you hear it in your head? The Sound of Music was on recently and that song is still stuck in mine. So I thought, hmmm… what are a few of my favorite craft things? That list could be pretty long, so I’ve narrowed it down to my top 5 paper craft tools.

1) Paper Trimmer
I seem to collect these... all in all I think I have 4 of differing sizes, but with my love of paper, it’s not really a surprise. This small trimmer by Creative Memories is so great when I’m in the mood to craft. It’s small enough to not take up too much of my workspace and it even has storage inside!

2) Curved Scissors
I found this cool little tool when I began teaching lampshade covering classes. They are so great because they make cutting circles and curves super easy. Once you try them, you’ll wonder how you ever cut a curve with regular scissors!

3) Drill Punch
There are many different types of hole punches available, but this one rocks! It’s not inexpensive, but I think it is so worth the money. You can also purchase additional bits that are interchangeable and come in different sizes so it works great for invitations, scrapbooking, bookbinding, almost any craft your mind can think up.

4) Circle Patterns
Linh talked about these last week, but I use them all the time so they definitely earned a place on my list.

5) Punches
Particularly the square, circle and corner rounder punches… these tools make complicated designs easy.

So, pull out your favorite tools and create something inspiring!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, thanks for getting THAT stuck in my head! :)

Traci said...

My pleasure Julie! :) LOL