Monday, February 9, 2009

Valentine's Day Candle Holder

Hello! We are back with a very cute and easy Valentine's candle holder.

Here's what you will need:
Glass votive/tea light holders (I used Galej from Ikea, $1.49 for 4)
Thin paper (tissue paper, decorative paper, whatever you like)
Scissors
Glue

Start by cutting out some hearts. My preferred method is to fold the paper over and cut 1/2 a heart on the fold (so that the fold becomes the center of the heart). Since you are using a thinner paper, you can layer a few sheets at a time. I used my curved scissors to help with cutting the curves of the heart.
Next I glued a few hearts to the outside of the glass candle holder.
Then I cut a piece of tissue paper, large enough to wrap around the glass.
I glued the tissue paper to the holder and then trimmed the paper at the top and bottom.

I added a few more hearts on the outside of the tissue paper to add some dimension.
For another version, I used a two-sided handmade mulberry paper. I cut hearts out in various sizes and glued those directly to the holder.
Here's how both versions turned out:

2 comments:

Jessica DuHamel said...

So pretty! I really like this!

gallery67 said...

A nice innovation, thanks.